Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Landing and Restamping US visa

Hi,
    Me and my wife are on L1 and L2 visa currently. Our visas are expired but we have valid I-94 till 2009. I am Indian Citizen.

Meanwhile we also got our PR for CANADA approved and going to Land there to complete the fomralities but I am still working for my US employer.

Do I have to get new Visa stamped for me and my wife upon landing in CANADA or I can just use the valid I-94 to re-enter US.

Still waiting for some replies.

Please help.

Comment

You need a new visa to enter again in L1/L2.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Will I have to surrender my old I-94 ( valid till 2007 ) and new I-94 ( valid till 2009 ) which came with my extended petition while entering canada?

I am going there only for 2 days.

Comment

You don't need to. But if you get a visa stamp and re-enter, the CBP has taken the old I-94s and given new ones to some folks.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

My Story

I landed in CANADA, completed my landing formalities I had an appointment date on July 30,2008.

I was told my by the immigration officer of my company that if you do not surrender your I-94 and do not go for new stamping and have a valid I-94. You can come back even with your expired visa.

I tried to follow the advise of the immigration officer of my company, I tried to cross the border today itself. US border patrol informed me that you have to report to the officer upstairs for further processing.

When I went upstairs, ( there was huge crowd , I did not expect that big crowd!). I had to wait for 1 or 1.5 hours. When the officer called my name he said "you are sent here in error, my apologies" handed me over my passport and before I left he again said "sorry for all your inconvenience. You have a valid i-94 and you should not have been sent here.

I came to US and cancelled my appointment which was two days away. Yes he took away all the old i-94s and left only the one which is current and active.

Hope this will help some member.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X