Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leap frog process(L1 to H1)

Hi,
    There are many questions regarding leap frog process but i have few specific questions on this.

Currently I am on L1 visa valid upto Jan 2010 working for company A and my wife is on L2. Company B applied for H1 B with COS this year 2008 and it got approved with COS. I know I have to start to work for company B from Oct 1st onwards, but I want to be on L1 status till march 2009. I have below questions regarding leap frog process -

1. Can I go to Canada on sept 30th 2008 and return to USA on oct 2nd 2008 to get back my L1 status with new I94? Is there any limit on number of days to stay in Canada to get new I94?

2. If I want to get back my H1 status after march 2009, should company B file for H1 amendment or I should go back to India for H1 stamping? How many days it will take for H1 amendment?

3.My wife is on L2 visa. Is she also needs to travel with me to canada to get back her L2 status (we havent applied for her H4 yet) or can I alone travel to canada to get back my L1 status?

Really appreciate your help on above questions.

Hi - Can anyone please reply to my queries....

Thanks in advance

Comment

1. Possible with an explanation to CBP that you do not want the COS and get a new I-94. Generally, stays for less than 30 days in Canada does not get you a new I-94.
      2. Either could be done. If you want a particular start date, a stamping is the best option.
      3. She can remain on L2 status considering your temporary absence as a visit as her H4 was not filed. If both of your passports expired, getting stamped together and re-entering is a good option as they will get you new I-94s without any explanation.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Also, a person can come back to the USA on L1B after Oct 01 and when he decides he is ready to work on H1B, he can also go for H1B amendment - premium processing, correct ?

This way he can get the COS from L1 to H1 on time, correct ?

Could you tell me what is the fee that USCIS charges for premium processing ?

Comment

You have been asking the same question in multiple posts even if it has been made clear.

PP fee is $1000 extra. You should know this if you spent enough time here.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X