Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b trasfer without hardcopy of Receip Notice(I-797C) and Approval (I-797B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b trasfer without hardcopy of Receip Notice(I-797C) and Approval (I-797B)

I have recently transfered my H1 from Company A to Company B. I have all the paystubs with Company B. My employer gave me my Receipt Number(EAC number) which is printed behind the cheque. However they told me that the actual hard copy of the Receipt number is lost in transit. Meanwhile I got a good offer from Company C, so I am planning to transfer my H1 to Company C.
    My question is:

1. Can I transfer my H1 to Company C with my Receipt number(not hard copy just the number) and my paystubs?

2. I haven't received hard copies of my approval(I-797B) and even receipt number (I-797C). In this scenario can I transfer my H1 to Company C? What consequences I have to face if I transfer it with just the paystubs and receipt number(no hard copy)?

It is possible if you are sure that is your receipt number. Employers have started this "lost in mail" reason lately to prevent attrition. If it is lost in the mail and you don't have the approval notice, you are not supposed to be employed by them.

In short, your employer is a scumbag. Ensure it is your receipt number by asking for a copy of the check.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Urgent,Please advise

My sponsor says..he lost my H1B approval original document. But provided with the I797C document copy.

I would like to transfer my visa from the company A (who lost my Original) to Company B where I'm currently working.

Please advise if I can file transfer with copy of I 797C document and I also have all my pay-stubs

Thanks& Regards.

Comment

Yes. You can.
        [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
        Originally posted by P2010 View Post
        My sponsor says..he lost my H1B approval original document. But provided with the I797C document copy.

I would like to transfer my visa from the company A (who lost my Original) to Company B where I'm currently working.

Please advise if I can file transfer with copy of I 797C document and I also have all my pay-stubs

Thanks& Regards.

Comment

All that you need for the transfer to go through is the receipt number to prove that you are already CAP counted.

Originally posted by P2010 View Post

Thanks& Regards.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X