I-94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94

Hello txh1b and DMX. As you folks had said, I was able to re-enter in the USA with the new I-797A from the new employer and valid visa stamped from the old employer and also my wife was able to get her H4 visa without my stamping from the new employer.
    However, have a question and would appreciate your comment.

Initially officer issued I-94 based on the visa (exp 2010) but immediately I requested him to correct the dates and the information based on I-797 (exp 2011). He did correct the information and erased 2010 and write it down 2011 and also changed the employer name, Job Title name in the system. However, He didn’t write anything on the backside of I-94? I wonder is that OK? Also would like to know is it OK that he had made correction in already issued I-94 but didn’t issue a new I-94?

That should be okay as long as they corrected the arrival section of the record as well which they generally do to match the departure record.

you now have a competitor on the forum, enigmatic100 and DMX has taken a sabbatical from the forum :-)

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      That should be okay as long as they corrected the arrival section of the record as well which they generally do to match the departure record.

you now have a competitor on the forum, enigmatic100 and DMX has taken a sabbatical from the forum :-)
      How did that happen? I was on vacation for a couple of weeks and duplicate id has been created? Man... Have to find a new id with TM

Comment

Working...
      X