H1 transfer with receipt number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer with receipt number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Immihelp,

I am on H1 Visa.
    My Visa is going to expire next month 15th(August 15th-2008).

My present employer applied for extension of my H1 and got the receipt number on May 22nd-2008.

If I want to transfer my H1 to another company after - August 15th-2008(after old valid I-797)- what is the procedure?

Is it possible to transfer my H1 using the receipt number?

Thanks,
    Soni

Possible, but in case of denial of either of the petitions (extension or new transfer), you fall out of status as your I-94 would have already expired and you would have accumulated unauthorized presence.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 transfer with receipt number

If I apply premium transfer with another company before my H1 expires- is it ok

My question is: After receiving H1 transfer - can I work for old company with the receipt number

Thanks,
      Soni

Comment

Yes and Yes.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much for your prompt response

Thanks again,
          Soni

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X