Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 transfer

Hi ,

I have a question regarding L1 to H1 transfer... I tried searching in the foreum but didn't find out any....

Q: On L1 working for a company X from jan 2007, and got approval for H1B for 2008 quata from company Y.. Still now i am continuing on L1 from company X.

Now i am planning to go to india and want to comeback..

1. is it possible to come back again on L1 thru company X.

What are different ways that i can use my L1, not ready to use the H1.

Pls let me know its bit urjunt for me....

Was your H1b a COS? Did the approval come with I-94? By 2008 Quota, you mean your H1b had a start date of Oct 1st, 2007 and you ignored working for them and continued on L1?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1 to H1 Transfer

Yes you are right, I am still under L1 as my project is still going on.... and now planning to go back to india and want to come back on L1 again for the Same project..... Not intrested to use the H1B... How can i go ahead and do that....

I can use the H1 for 2007 Quata(oct 2007).. as i have the approval.. but i never used it....

Comment

The most important question was left unanswered?

Did the H1b approval come with I-94?

You don't get to choose if it was a COS even if the L1 project is going on.

The quata has to be utilized from oct 1 2007 if you want to be legal in the US. You just have been told that you have been illegally working for more than 9-10 months and need legal help.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X