H1-B Transfer if I have applied for renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Transfer if I have applied for renewal

I am on a H1B and I recently applied for an extension of my H1B visa with USCIS in May. My company is going under soon and I want to transfer my visa to another company I am talking with right now.
    My question is can I do a transfer while my original h1-b has expired and I applied for a renewal in a timely manner and have not received a decision yet.

Please I really need guidance on this ASAP.

H1 extension query

I am on a H1B and I recently applied for an extension of my H1B visa with USCIS in May. My company is going under soon and I want to transfer my visa to another company I am talking with right now.
    My question is can I do a transfer while my original h1-b has expired and I applied for a renewal in a timely manner and have not received a decision yet.

---- If you are in valid status within the US on H1, then it is possible to apply for a transfer although teh extension is in progress. Both are not related to each other. they are treated as individual applications

---- If you have applied for extension and in the meanwhile your H1 has expired you are in valid status as a decision has not yet been made on the extension (you should have your H1 receipt to prove that)

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X