Do we get a new 1-94 -after Mexico Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we get a new 1-94 -after Mexico Cruise

My wife is on H4 visa (expires 2009) however her I-94 expires in Aug 2008.
    We are going to a Mexico cruise in early august and come back before the expiry of I094.
    Will she get a new I-94 when we disembark the ship ( just like we get when we land on airport) ?
    Any thoughts/suggestions will be highly appreicated

Mahen

You can take the new approval notice at POE and ask the CBP official to issue new I-94. They will do that and take the old one back.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I''m on H4 and got the Approval for H1b- Cruise to mexico will affect my new H1 ?

I am on H4 visa (expires in Sep 2009 ) and my old I-94 also expires in Sep 2009.
      I got approval for the H1 Visa (effective from Oct'2008).
      We are going to a Mexico cruise in SEP 1st week for 5 days.
      Will I get a new I-94 when we disembark the ship ? OR does it effects my H1 status in any manner ??

Any thoughts/suggestions will be highly appreicated
      Sri

Comment

You should not get a new I-94 if your H1b approval was a COS and you want to work on H1b from Oct 1st.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X