Doubts regarding H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts regarding H1B

My H1B got filed in April,2008. My employer has informed me that it is through with the lottery and have got 1st Oct,08 as starting date. However I havent yet recieved any furthur details. I got married in March 08, and my husband is working in the USA on H1B.A couple of doubts i have :
    * By when should I expect visa stamping and other formalities to complete?
    *Once I am through with my visa interview and stamping, can I enter US immediately or will have to wait till 1st Oct, i.e H1B start date.
    * Can I move to US on visitor visa/H4(before H1B stamping)? I havent been to US before.

Originally posted by jain
    My H1B got filed in April,2008. My employer has informed me that it is through with the lottery and have got 1st Oct,08 as starting date. However I havent yet recieved any furthur details. I got married in March 08, and my husband is working in the USA on H1B.A couple of doubts i have :
    * By when should I expect visa stamping and other formalities to complete?

- Will take anywhere between 3- 4 months.
    *Once I am through with my visa interview and stamping, can I enter US immediately or will have to wait till 1st Oct, i.e H1B start date.

-- No earlier than Sep 21st

* Can I move to US on visitor visa/H4(before H1B stamping)? I havent been to US before.
    -- Apply for H4 and enter after Oct1st
    Last edited by enigmatic10me; 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X