Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping help

Can anyone help me with this.. please? this is urgent

I have a H1B visa from Employer A which is stamped and is valid till end of 2010 and recently I have moved to a Employer B. My passport has Employer A name on the visa and not Employer B.
    In December, I will be travelling to India to get married and bring my wife on H4.

Question: While applying for my wifes H4, does my visa need to reflect Employer B name on it? If so, do I need to go for stamping again?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kiran
    Last edited by kirantest; 07-23-2008, 01:08 PM.

Originally posted by kirantest
    Can anyone help me with this.. please? this is urgent

I have a H1B visa from Employer A which is stamped and is valid till end of 2010 and recently I have moved to a Employer B. My passport has Employer A name on the visa and not Employer B.
    In December, I will be travelling to India to get married and bring my wife on H4.

Question: While applying for my wifes H4, does my visa need to reflect Employer B name on it? If so, do I need to go for stamping again?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kiran

Personal experiance last week.
    1. You don't need to get your visa stamped as long as your old visa is still valid
    2. No problem for your wife's H4

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatic10me
      Personal experiance last week.
      1. You don't need to get your visa stamped as long as your old visa is still valid
      2. No problem for your wife's H4

"Thanks for the reply..... My old visa is valid till end of 2010 with Employer A (old emplyer) but Employer A had cancelled the H1. Now my new employer B is holding the H1 " so I hope the documents from Employer B work....right? please confirm ur thoughts.

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by knowledgeable
          Thanks Knowledgable..!
          My payslips, employment letter, I-797 will be from my new Employer B...but if the officer sees the visa he will see my old 'Employer A' name on it..... Hope this will not be a problem...pls advise for my wifes H4.
          Anyone please advice

Comment

Originally posted by kirantest
            Thanks Knowledgable..!
            My payslips, employment letter will be from my new Employer B...but if the officer sees the visa he will see my old 'Employer A' name on it..... Hope this will not be a problem...pls advise for my wifes H4.
            Anyone please advice

I made it very clear on my post that you should be fine. There is no point asking the same question over and over. Just make sure that he issues I-94 based on your new emlpoyer and in his record.

For more info do research on this forum.

Comment

Are you sure about it? Are you double sure about it? Can you vouch your life on it?

C'mon!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                Are you sure about it? Are you double sure about it? Can you vouch your life on it?

C'mon!
                I am not sure about the other people but atleast I did based on your advice. Not only 1, or 2 but 3 times and never had any problem boss!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X