Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• start work in Aug 08

Hello,

My friend's H1B with COS form L1 to h1 has been approved and he want to work from Aug 18 on H1. Can he start working from Aug 18 ?
    Some people told one has to wait till Oct 01 to start working on H1 ?

Can someone please answer my questions ? aprreciate it.

Comment

He CANNOT start working before Oct 1st.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thanks.
        But in some other forums, I read that L1 stands invalid after H1 is approved with COS. My H1 was approved last week so does this mean I cannot work on L1 anymore ?

I think it should be Oct 01 for H1. please confirm

Comment

You can work on L1 till 30SEP. You will be on H1 from 01OCT and cannot work for your L1 employer fron this date onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah_n78
            Thanks.
            But in some other forums, I read that L1 stands invalid after H1 is approved with COS. My H1 was approved last week so does this mean I cannot work on L1 anymore ?

I think it should be Oct 01 for H1. please confirm
            The correctness of What you read on the other forums depends on when the H1b start date was.

If your friend had an old H1b from 2007 or 08 and he had applied for a COS now from L1 to H1, his L1 would get invalidated the date of approval of H1 and he has to begin work on H1b immediately.

If it was a 2009 new H1b quota, then Oct 1st it is!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X