H1B Transfer: Employment Status?? Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer: Employment Status?? Urgent

I am currently working for company A (consulting company). Trying to move to company B (fulltime, permanent). My H1B transfer is approved by Company B today. Now I am planning to give 2 weeks notice to leave company A (consulting company).
    My question is: Can I still work for company A for two more weeks when I have my H1B transfer approved for company B?

If i work for 2 more weeks and they know I am leaving them they will most likely not pay my salary. How do i claim my rights to get my salary?

I have a offer letter with company A that indicates i have to give 2 weeks of notice before leaving. What will happen if i break that rule and join new company early?

Your answers are greately appreciated.

1. Yes
    2. Save copies of timesheet approvals from client, manager etc. Save proofs that you were available to work those two weeks. If they don't pay, complain to the state Labor department. They will make them pay.

Two week notice is not a law but a professional etiquette. If you have a contract that says so, better follow it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X