Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enter on B1/B2 while name/backgroung clearance for H1b is pending????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter on B1/B2 while name/backgroung clearance for H1b is pending????

Is it possible to enter US back from Canada on B1/B2 while name/background clearance for H1b is pending??? especially when

Visa consular during the interview said that 'am not cancelling your previous visa'. Thanks

Do you plan to work after such entry?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

No! I want to take some interviews +/- an exam

If you reply 'Yes' will you be so nice to tell what is the safe limit after which I should make an attempt at re-entry (3 wks???)

Thanks so much

Comment

i just came out of US (on 24th of July)

Comment

please!!! someone

Comment

How long have you been in US on a visitor visa? Depends on the officer at POE. Frequent visits are not good on B2. You have to spend more time in your home country than in the US.

You can enter with the details of your exam but will likely be given I-94 for a very short period.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

yeah! thats a problem I have been in US for 17 months out of last 20 months (5 on B2, a yr on B1, no extensions though) Should I give it a try after like 6 wks or absolutely 'NO'?

Comment

You would be risking your visa, future visas if you try and get an observant CBP officer that decides to send you back by denying entry.

Comment

Gotcha!

Thanks again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X