Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding L1 and H1

Hi,

I am working for the Company A with L1 visa. I got H1B approval 2008 from Company B. I need to go to India on December for my personal reasons. My doubts are
    1. If I go to India do I need to definetely do H1B stamping?
    2. I want to work for Company A until I get a job in Company B after December, is it possible?

Thanks,
    xxxx.

Read leapfrog on the forum. What do you mean get a job? You already have a job with B as of Oct 1 if they filed a H1b COS. A job is waiting there for you in that company.

It is illegal to work for A after Oct 1st if the H1b was a COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Read leapfrog on the forum. What do you mean get a job? You already have a job with B as of Oct 1 if they filed a H1b COS. A job is waiting there for you in that company.

It is illegal to work for A after Oct 1st if the H1b was a COS.
      I do not know about COS. I applied for H1B visa and I know that it got approved thats it. Can I work until December for company A with L1 visa ?

Comment

If you don't know about COS, you should find out. Otherwise, you are risking your status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          If you don't know about COS, you should find out. Otherwise, you are risking your status.

ok Thanks alot. Your work is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SreenivasKK
            ok Thanks alot. Your work is appreciated.
            I went through the forums. What I understood is if at all we apply for COS then we should not work for Company A. My H1 B got approval we didnt ask them for COS. So, I can work how many months I want until I apply for COS for Company A with L1 visa. Is that right? Please correct me.

Comment

First find out with the employer B, if they appled for H1 with COS from L1 to H1. Only then decide.
              If they have alreadyapplied with COS, then I you cannot work on L1 after Sept 30. You L1 changes to H1 status from Oct 01.

If they have aplied with COS and you still want to work on L1, you need to do "leap frog" i.e. go out of the country before Oct 01 and come back after Oct 01 with L1B - I94. This way you can void your COS.

If they have not applied H1 with COS, then you can continue working on L1 even after Oct 01 without leapfrog. In future, if you want to work on H1 you can either file an amendment or go out of the country to get the visa stamped.

Hope this helps !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sabiya
                First find out with the employer B, if they appled for H1 with COS from L1 to H1. Only then decide.
                If they have alreadyapplied with COS, then I you cannot work on L1 after Sept 30. You L1 changes to H1 status from Oct 01.

If they have aplied with COS and you still want to work on L1, you need to do "leap frog" i.e. go out of the country before Oct 01 and come back after Oct 01 with L1B - I94. This way you can void your COS.

If they have not applied H1 with COS, then you can continue working on L1 even after Oct 01 without leapfrog. In future, if you want to work on H1 you can either file an amendment or go out of the country to get the visa stamped.

Hope this helps !!!

Yes this answers all my questions. Thans alot for your help

Comment

I heard that it will take 2 to 6 months to COS from L1 to H1B.
                  Within this time can I work on Company B H1B directly after getting job rather than waiting for 2 to 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by SreenivasKK
                    I heard that it will take 2 to 6 months to COS from L1 to H1B.
                    Within this time can I work on Company B H1B directly after getting job rather than waiting for 2 to 6 months.
                    and how much it costs for L1 to H1B conversion?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X