Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamping doubt...??

Hello everybody,

I am on F1 (OPT) right now and working for one consultancy from last 2 months. And my H1-B is approved but will start from this Oct. '08.

I have to go to india for my marraige on 2nd Dec.... i have to leave US nearabout 23-24 Nov. .... but before that I have to go for H1-B stamping.

My consultant is saying me that its mandatory to have 3-4 paycheques... of H1-B before going for stamping. Is that true...? but as i said to him is I will have the paycheques of OPT on which i am working right now .... will these work or not ....?

I mean if this is the case than .. i have to delay my marraige and have to wait for 3-4 H1-B pay cheques.

Plz help me out ...

Thanks in advance..

The 3-4 paychecks is not mandatory. If your H1b starts Oct 1st and you go for stamping in Nov, you are good with whatever you have. That too as you have a continuing job from your OPT, you have no reason to worry about H1b paystubs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X