Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 change of status amendment from different employer

Hi,

I got my 797 petition approved in 2007 quota. I came to US on H4 VISA and my spouce is on legal status in this county. Now, a different employer is ready to file change of status amendment from H4 to H1 using my earlier 797 approved petition. I really appreciate if somebody can share the risks and chances of getting the case approved as I am changing my employer.

Thanks
    Krishna

No risks if the job offer is genuine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. But, i heard that the same employer (who filed for the original 797) can only file the change of status from H4 to H1. If a new employer files the petition, it is more likely to get rejected. Is it true?

Comment

It is a transfer if a new employer files the petition and the employer and job offer should be genuine. What you heard is wrong.

If the employer is not genuine, then the chances of rejection are high.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H4 to H1B change of status

Hi,

My employer has filled the change of status from H4 to H1B. USCIS has asked for additional evidence documents. I got the offer from another company last week.

Can I transfer my H1B to new employer with out paystebs after I receive new I-94 from current employer.

(or)

Can the new employer file new change of status for me while the COS is pending.

I truely appreciate your help.

Thanks,
          sudh..

Comment

Was your H1b approved in the past or is it still pending?

If it was approved in the past, you can have another employer transfer without paystubs before you enter your H1b status. Once you enter H1b status, paystubs are mandatory.

Comment

HI
              I am in the same situation, got a gud offer from different employer.Did u do COS from h4 to h1 with a different employer? if yes, what is the procedure?

Originally posted by krishna234 View Post
              Hi,

I got my 797 petition approved in 2007 quota. I came to US on H4 VISA and my spouce is on legal status in this county. Now, a different employer is ready to file change of status amendment from H4 to H1 using my earlier 797 approved petition. I really appreciate if somebody can share the risks and chances of getting the case approved as I am changing my employer.

Thanks
              Krishna

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X