Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LastName blank on passport but ticket has it

Hi,
    I recently bought airlines ticket for my fiancee and entered her existing last name in the ticket. I later found that her passport has only her first name and last name is blank.

What to do to avoid any issues with immigration or boarding :

1) Leave tickets and passport as it is and carry support documents, like her Voter card or PAN card, that has her photo and last name written.

2) Modify passport to put my last name after getting married and carry marriage certificate as supporting document, but this means I have to fill DS-156, DS-157 form with new last name, which is not true as of now. And I have to fill those right now to take appointment at embassy.

3) Modify her passport and put her current last name. This will not require to carry any docs, as it will be same as name on the ticket.

4) Any other option??

Getting married in Dec starting and flying back on jan 23rd.

Thanks in advance...

If the passport has the entire name (FN LN) listed under given name and last name is blank, do nothing. Everything will be fine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X