Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer: Help please

Hi All,

I got my h1 approved and also H1 Visa stamped with me but I am still in my home country and not travelled to US anytime, but in the mean time I got to know that the company which has applied my H1 is getting closed now,

My questions)

1) Can I go ahead for new petetion from different company being in home country, if so how long will it take.

2) Or can I go to US and search for job witihin one month and get it transferred.

Please help me on this regard. Thanks in advance for your help.

H1 Dilemma

I got my h1 approved and also H1 Visa stamped with me but I am still in my home country and not travelled to US anytime, but in the mean time I got to know that the company which has applied my H1 is getting closed now,

My questions)

1) Can I go ahead for new petetion from different company being in home country, if so how long will it take.

---- It is a tough situation. You can ask for transfer to a different company. Try and apply under premium processing as normal processing will take its own time. This process of transfer outside of US is not difficult but neither is it easy.

2) Or can I go to US and search for job witihin one month and get it transferred.

---- In this situation you will face alot of hardship for teh following reasons: 1. Your employer may not pay you. 2. You may not have a job. 3. If 1 and 2 are not there you will be staying illegally in the US and later this period of unemployment will catch up with you

---- Moreover if your company is closing there may be many reasons for that one of them being that it is a fraudulent comapy though it may not be true.

---- Thus it is better to get a good offer from a good company and then come to US. In the meanwhile youcan explore all options about comapnies and their profiles and as you have a valid H1 in your hands

Subramanya

Comment

Transfer: Help please

Subramanya,

Many thanks for your response but as you say if i got for premium processing any gues of how long will it take the reason I am asking you this question is I am currently employed with 5 years of exp. and I was all done with my travle dates conformed and i have resigned a high profile job in here. Then I got to know in the peak time that the company is US is about to close, the reson being they were expecting some project which did not turn up and the company is not a fraud company.

In any case can you please let me know how long will it take for the premium processing and as i already posses H1b will it be still more difficult than the lottery system

Comment

H1 Dilemma

Many thanks for your response but as you say if i got for premium processing any gues of how long will it take the reason I am asking you this question is I am currently employed with 5 years of exp. and I was all done with my travle dates conformed and i have resigned a high profile job in here. Then I got to know in the peak time that the company is US is about to close, the reson being they were expecting some project which did not turn up and the company is not a fraud company.

In any case can you please let me know how long will it take for the premium processing and as i already posses H1b will it be still more difficult than the lottery system

---- Once you apply it takes about 15 days to get a response (hopefully positive and it costs $ 1000.00 more

---- It will not be difficult to transfe rht eH1 if the company is good one. You will not be taken into the H1 lottery system as you have already been counted and approved

Good luck in your endeavours

Subramanya

Comment

Many Thanks Subramanya

Many Thanks for your reponse Sir.

Regards,
          Sharath

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}