Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension Premium Processing & H4 Extension of Status

Hello

I've applied for my H1B extension by Premium Processing and my wife's H4 extension together. Me and my wife need to travel to India for 2 weeks, once i get my H1B Notice of Approval. I need to get stamping before coming back to the US.

I read some where that Premium Processing doesn't apply for I-539 (H4 Extension). Also, i assume that my wife's h4 is also automatically extended when i get my approval notice.

Is my assumption right? Or will there be a separate approval notice for my wife's H4 extension?

In case there is a separate approval for my wife's H4, Will my wife be able to travel with me to India only with my Approval Notice?

Please Clarify. Any insight you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks

H1 and H4 issues

've applied for my H1B extension by Premium Processing and my wife's H4 extension together. Me and my wife need to travel to India for 2 weeks, once i get my H1B Notice of Approval. I need to get stamping before coming back to the US.

I read some where that Premium Processing doesn't apply for I-539 (H4 Extension). Also, i assume that my wife's h4 is also automatically extended when i get my approval notice.

Is my assumption right? Or will there be a separate approval notice for my wife's H4 extension?

---- NO, H4 is not extended automatically.If you have used form I-539 for H4 extension, the approval notice will come in as a separate notice

In case there is a separate approval for my wife's H4, Will my wife be able to travel with me to India only with my Approval Notice?

---- Yes.

Subramanya

Comment

H1 Extension Premium Processing & H4 Extension of Status

Subramanya

Thank you for your reply. I got my approval today. As we are planing to go to Chennai for stamping, will there be any problem for my wife, since her extension (I539) is in progress here and she is coming for stamping just with my approval.

We are going to Chennai for 2 weeks, get our visas stamped and both need to come back to the US after 2 weeks.

Please clarify.
      Thanks

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I got my approval today. As we are planing to go to Chennai for stamping, will there be any problem for my wife, since her extension (I539) is in progress here and she is coming for stamping just with my approval.

We are going to Chennai for 2 weeks, get our visas stamped and both need to come back to the US after 2 weeks.

---- NOt a problem. you should be able to get your Visas sramped and return to US safely

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X