Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1:: How long I can work on L1 after 1st Oct

Hi,
    I am working on L1 from Comp A and having L1 visa validity till 2010. I got H1 Approval with I94 from Comp B which is effective from 1st OCt 2008. How long I can continue on L1 after 1st Oct? Do we have any problem if we work on L1 Visa for couple of months?

Please advice me.

Thanks,

Since you have received I-94 due to approved COS, You must start working on H1 from Oct 1st,2008.

You should stop working on L1 from Oct 1st, 2008 and join H1B employer.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

But I have seen couple of cases who working around 4 to 6 months even after Oct 1st earlier.

Even H1 Employer says I can work on l1 without any problem.

Could you please advice me on this.

Comment

Originally posted by homezhb
        But I have seen couple of cases who working around 4 to 6 months even after Oct 1st earlier.

Even H1 Employer says I can work on l1 without any problem.

Could you please advice me on this.
        Wrong. Plain and simple. Those people have worked illegally. H1b employer is not qualified to give legal advice.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

If you have COS approved, H1B takes effect from Oct 1st "Automatically".
          Its illegal to work with L1 employer after Oct 1st.

Its your cup of tea.
          If you want to take chance working with L1 even after Oct 1st, you can work. Nobody will stop you. BUT, this will be observed as an illegal working in your GC processing.

"Leap Frog" is the solution if you want to retain your L1.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

If you had no intention of working on H1B when it was available, why did you apply and deny a ready, willing, and available worker the slot?

Comment

Thanks for advice::

I want to move to H1 after Jan-09. Current proj will be done in Jan 09. So planning to move H1 after this proj. My employer didn't informed me that he had applied for COS along with H1 filing.

I din't understood what does mean " Leap frog". Could any one explain what it is.

If I am reuring back to US after Oct 1st then I can work on L1 leagually. When ever I want to move to H1 once again i need to apply for Change Of Status. Am I correct? Please advice me.

Comment

Yes. I think so. That is better option.
                Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

Thanks Vinay..

What does mean "LEAP FROG"?

Comment

search the forum with keyword "LEAP FROG". you will get it.
                    Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

Thanks Vinay..
                      I got info related Leap Frog.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X