Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I work on OPT after Oct 1?

Hello:

I am currently working on OPT with Company A..and Company B has applied for H1B and has been approved.

I know I cant work on OPT after Oct 1 as my F1 status is changed to H1.

Can anyone tell me the problems I will face If I still continue working on OPT at Company A even after Oct 1.
    I am planning to join company B after I finish my work at Company A...Company B is ready to wait..without revoking my H1 till I come back. Will there be any problems or issues that could arise when I go for stamping?

Please help me.

If you continue to work on OPT when your H1B was approved as COS effective Oct 1, you will be out of status and working illegally. There is no problem if it was approved for consular processing (needing stamping before beginning work).

Of course there can be issues with illegal work!

Comment

If you want to work past Oct 1st for Company A, you need authorization to do that. Both the company and you will be in problems for illegal activity i.e work without authorization.

The company A can transfer your H1b from B before Oct 1st using PP and you can continue to work for A.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X