H1B Employement & Business.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Employement & Business.

Hi all senior members, If I will leave my job in future and possible to start my own partnership based Ellectronics & IT business on my new first time H1B visa? or which procedure I have to follow for opening business on H1B? or I have to convert H1B in some another category? Thanks lots in Advance

Tricky on H1B ...

... you can open a company but CANNOT work for the same company. Meaning you can own a company but you have to hire people who will work for you.

On H1B the only option is to have a full time employment with a US resident's company who has sponsored your visa.

Good luck.

Comment

I know that but I cant work for that same company becasue I am the future owner but on H1B I can't open business then what Should I have to do. my plan is opening one small business in USA maybe after some months or in 1year but not sure thats why i am entering on H1B for my recent selected employeer....

Comment

I'm sorry ...

... I just don't understand your question properly.

If you mean to say that you're a "future owner" or will own/buy/start a company in future, then for that you need to be a permanent resident or a Green Card holder.

With a GC you can own and work for your or any company in US.

Alternatively, I believe you need to invest US$1,000,000+ and hire at least 10 residents/citizens of US which will allow you to have more leverage in US.

Hope this help.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X