Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while H1 transfer Premium processing was in progress

Hi,

I have a valid H1B visa with company A. (valid till end of Jan 09)
    I was in US and had applied for a H1B transfer on premium processing sometime in June 08 through an other company B.

My assignment got over & I was asked to return back.
    I waited enough. The USCIS asked for RFE on the new H1B transfer.

In Aug 08, I have now returned back to India.
    The H1B got approved a few days after I landed here :-(

My company A intends to send me back for short term till Jan of 09.

I request your advice on the following:

1. Can I enter US without any trouble at POE?
    2. Besides my passport with my valid H1visa till Jan 09, what else should I have with me?
    3. Is it possible for company B to process my H1B renewal while I work on my previous H1 with company A?
    4. Would there be any complications if I switch from company A to company B say in December 08?

H1 queries

I have a valid H1B visa with company A. (valid till end of Jan 09)
    I was in US and had applied for a H1B transfer on premium processing sometime in June 08 through an other company B.

My assignment got over & I was asked to return back.
    I waited enough. The USCIS asked for RFE on the new H1B transfer.

---- What do you mean by assignment got over and I was asked to return back. On H1 you are working for a company either till the H1 is complete or you transfer or terminate the employment . Te assinment can continue in another country also

In Aug 08, I have now returned back to India.
    The H1B got approved a few days after I landed here :-(

My company A intends to send me back for short term till Jan of 09.

I request your advice on the following:

1. Can I enter US without any trouble at POE?

----- If you are coming back to work for company A then you must be having a valid Visa and at the POE you are declaring that you will be working for comapny and get a I-94 for company A

2. Besides my passport with my valid H1visa till Jan 09, what else should I have with me?

---- A vlaid employment letter tha you will be working for that company or continue to work for that company

3. Is it possible for company B to process my H1B renewal while I work on my previous H1 with company A?

---- As per your post you have just transferred your H1 to company B. where is the question of renewal right now. The employment with company B will be for a certain period of time (like 1 year)

4. Would there be any complications if I switch from company A to company B say in December 08?

---- This depends on your terms and negotiations with company B

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks, Subramanya for the reply.

On this reply though, I need your clarification:

" Is it possible for company B to process my H1B renewal while I work on my previous H1 with company A?

---- As per your post you have just transferred your H1 to company B. where is the question of renewal right now. The employment with company B will be for a certain period of time (like 1 year)"

As I had explained, as of July 08, my H1 for company A was valid till Jan 09.
      Subsequently, during Aug 08 (while I was in India), I had got approval on my H1 transfer to company B.

I would like to know since I was not in US while a change of status was in progress, what would result?

If I return to US and declare at the POE my employment letter with company A, my H1 visa with company A, my valid passport, I understand that I might be granted a new I94 for working till Jan 09 with company A.

Does this override the H1 transfer earlier approved by USCIS to company B in 08?

If it does not, can I request company B to process my H1 extension?

Please clarify.

Comment

" Is it possible for company B to process my H1B renewal while I work on my previous H1 with company A?

---- As per your post you have just transferred your H1 to company B. where is the question of renewal right now. The employment with company B will be for a certain period of time (like 1 year)"

As I had explained, as of July 08, my H1 for company A was valid till Jan 09.
        Subsequently, during Aug 08 (while I was in India), I had got approval on my H1 transfer to company B.

I would like to know since I was not in US while a change of status was in progress, what would result?

---- If you have received a I-94 with your H1 approval for company B and you have traveled out of the country just after its approval your I-94 stands invalid as you shouls submit the same while leaaving the country. Your H1 transfer to company B will still be valid. However, you have to get a Visa to work for company B since you have gone out of the country.

If I return to US and declare at the POE my employment letter with company A, my H1 visa with company A, my valid passport, I understand that I might be granted a new I94 for working till Jan 09 with company A.

Does this override the H1 transfer earlier approved by USCIS to company B in 08?

---- Once again, as above the H1 transfer to company B will not be affected but you will not have a I-94 to work for company B since you did not enter US with the H1 approval notice for company B

If it does not, can I request company B to process my H1 extension?

---- Where is the question of extesnsion of your H1 from comapny B. Till waht date is the H1 for comapny B valid. As written earlier it should be valid till at some time (for example 1 year).

---- If you are talking of extension of H1 for company B meaning that thier H1 start from Dec '08 or Jan 09, then you have to speak to company B about the matter. In all instances you have to go out of the country get a H1 Visa, enter US with H1 for company B get a I-94 and then start working for company B. Else you cannot work for company B.

---- The key issue is you have gone out of the country while/during the transfer of your H1 and entering US with a H1 Visa and I-84 for company A

Subramanya

Comment

Questions on visa restamping, with my new company B??

Hi,
          I am on H1 visa working for company A and now i applied the H1 transfer to company B. below are my questions...

1. What are documents that company B should receive from USCIS, as a proof of my H1 transfer?
          2. Will there be any problem for me in visa restamping (for new company B) at US consulate in india? How sure that i will get the visa restamped (titled the new company B)? Is there any possiblity of getting visa rejected during restampping??
          3. Can i apply visa for my wife, by just having the I-797 from the new Company B?

Thanks,
          Lesi

Comment

1. I797A
            2. Depends. Possible if you were out of status or company credentials are bad.
            3. You can check what all are needed for H4 from immihelp main page.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X