Dependent(wife) of a green card holder- visa issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependent(wife) of a green card holder- visa issue

Hi, I am posting this question on behalf of my friend and pardon me, if this is not a right place post this matter.

My friend's husband is a Green card holder and she has been married for over 2 years. Her Husband, a stanford grad, is working in one of the leading software firms in SFO.

Soon after marriage this guy has left to USA and was not bothered in taking his wife to USA. He called her just once in past 6 months and asking her for DIVORCE.

Simply he is trying escape and get rid of her by giving divorce for his own reasons.

My questions are

1) Is it difficult for green holder in USA to take wife as dependent along with him? All these days, this guy has been saying this reason to my friend.

2) What legal action can she take as she literally got cheated for no fault of her? His family in India also not responding well and they are trying to get rid of my friend by way of divorce.

THis gal has literally tried all ways to make this marriage work and all her attempts were so far futile as the guy was adamant and started saying these days that his career will get affected with family life.

She is utterly in a state of confusion and disappointment.

Can any one suggest a better way to deal with this situation.

Thanks

1. Yes. The family based petitions have a wait of 3-5 years unless the wife wants to come on a non-immigrant status like H1,L1 etc.
    2. What is the intent of the legal action? There is not much one can do other than give a hard time with the divorce as this dude cannot marry anyone without a divorce.

Wish people made up their minds and decided what they want in life before marriage.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Take help from TANA or ATA or any other association depending upon yout native location in india.
      Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RMH1B
        Take help from TANA or ATA or any other association depending upon yout native location in india.
        What will/can they do? They are more interested in unmarried people to attend their conferences so that the match making yearly conferences are a great success

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

:d
          Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X