Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1

Hi

I am working in L1 visa now and it is valid till Jul 2009.I got my H1B selected in the lottery system with COS.
    Now I am planning to go to India this August 27th and return on Sep 15th.

My questions are:

1. I want to work on L1 till Dec 08 and then want to join new employer which filed my H1. I want to know is this legal?

2. If I am coming back on Sep 15th, can I come back on L1 as I dont want to leave my L1 employer till Dec08?

3. Do you see any illegal things in my case.

Pls reply.
    Thanks

Search for leapfrog. Everything you mention is illegal as your status automatically changes to H1b after Oct 1st if the H1b was a COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem, my new employer said that i have to start working on H1 from 1st Oct. I don't know whether he applied my H1 with COS or not.

I can't leave my current L1 employer by that time coz of few comitments & limited notice period.

What options do i have? do i have to go back to my home country and come back during 1st Oct period(in this case i will definitely get a new I-94)?

After that can i use H1 starting from Feb/Mar 09?

Could anybody tell me what is leap frog(i'm new to this forum) and is it applicable in my case. If yes then how to start with.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Comment

Cutting and pasting is easy. Use the search function to fing out answers. There are tons of posts on the same subject.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

TxH1B, after posting the problem in earlier thread i realized that that is different thread. So i re submitted again in actual L1 TO H1 thread.

Thanks.

Comment

hi txh1b,

i got answers for all my questions in your earlier posts. thanks a lot!!

only one concern about "After that can i use H1 starting from Feb/Mar 09?", for this case do i have to go for stamping before start using H1 or applying for COS would be sufficient.

Thanks again for your valuable suggestions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X