Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1B Conversion

Hi ,

I have applied for H1B this year and it got selected in the lottery system.
    My petition is approved but did not go for stamping.

My husband has gone on L1. I am planning to go for L2 stamping by the end of September & travel on L2 visa in October.

a) Will travelling on L2 going to be a problem at immigration check points as my H1 has got approved?
    b) Can I work on H1B 2008 petition with out going any other country for stamping if travelled on L2 .

Please help me on this soon.

Thanks,
    Rimmy

You must either get stamping or COS to work on H1B.

If you did not intend to use the H1B, why did you apply and deprive another person of the opportunity? It is selfish behavior like yours that leaves both employers and potential employees frustrated.

Comment

Hi
      I am planning to go on L2 first is just for travelling purpose as my husband's company will sponsor the ticket. Then I want to convert to H1B .

I have the following question .Can anyone please help me

a) Can I go for L2 stamping when my H1B petition is approved. If so ,Should I need to go for stamping before 1st October.

b) As said if I travel on L2 ,for getting converted to H1B I need to apply for COS. Can apply for COS within a month after travelling on L2.

Comment

a. yes
        b. Yes. Not you but the employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X