Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Status *urgent*

Hi,

I;m Currently on L2 status,my husband has got his H1B and COS approved,which is effective from oct 1st.I hv applied for my H4 in somewhere august 1st week.If i don't get my H4 approved by oct 1st,will I be out of status?Should I go to India to get my H4 stamped?Can i stay in US even if my H4 has not been approved?What should I do?

Please do give me a reply as soon as possible....

Thanks in advance.

As long as the application is pending before Oct 1st, you can stay in US legally.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks for your reply..

But then after oct 1st if my status is still in pendind status then what should i do?Should i go back 2 India?Is there any other optionor solution to this problem?

Please do give me a reply as soon as possible...

thanks a lot....

Comment

You have been told it is "period of authorized stay". You need not do anything but wait for the approval.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hello

What does "period of authorised stay" mean?So untill i get my approved H4 status,can i stay here in USA?will I not be out of status?

Please let me knwo on this...

Comment

Originally posted by riya4riya
            Hello

What does "period of authorised stay" mean?So untill i get my approved H4 status,can i stay here in USA?will I not be out of status?

Please let me knwo on this...
            It is a pseudo status like period. If the Extension is approved, you will be in status for the entire period. If denied, you will be out of status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X