Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very very urgent.Please help H4-Query to get additional certificate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very very urgent.Please help H4-Query to get additional certificate.

Hi,
    Today my wife attended for H4 visa stamping at Chennai. In the marriage certificate we have written her name with my last name at the column "After Marriage".
    By seeing her passport and marriage certificate Visa Officer asked her to get additional certificate (kinda Name Change Certificate). But don't know what is that additional certificate.

We already planned to go to USA on Sep-6th.
    VO asked to do drop box at VFS, Hyderabad.
    As we don't know what is that additional certificate and also don't know whether we have to change her name in her passport itself or not.

So, please help us as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Raj.

Did the marriage certificate not have the name before marriage and after marriage? If not, get an affidavit and have it attested by the registrar of marriages and that will work fine.

The passport name should be the name used for the visa application.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Txh1b,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

The marriage certificate has the columns "Before marriage" and "After marriage".
      We have mentioned her name with her last name(ex:abc) at "Before marriaage". and mentioned her name with my last name(ex:xyz) at "After marriage" column.

She used the same name(what she had in her passport, which has her own last name (ex: abc)) in the visa application.

Please let me know if you have any additional information regarding that additional certificate.

VO has given a query form ie 221(g) form and mentioned to do drop box at Hyderabad with all the documents including that additional certificate.

My wife asked him what is that additional certificate. VO replied back, you can get it from any Corporate office. That is kinda "Name Change" certificate.
      Even my wife told him " My ticket is with my last name (ex:abc)". He replied "No problem. You can travel with the same ticket as you will be having two passports").
      He never mentioned about new passport, but finally he told that "you will be having two passports". Now we are not able to understand what exactly that VO is looking for.

One more thing is, in the query form the below text is there.

-------------------
      Please obtain an observation/ a new passport. Your current passport either has:

Needs a name correction on th biographic page. ----> Observation of married name.

--------------------------------

In the above he as rounded exclusively with pen on "an observation" .

Thanks,
      Raj.

Comment

It appears he needs husbands name in Passport on last page (biographical information).

Comment

The passport office will annotate a new observation with the name change or issue a new PP with the changed name. I think the VO wants to have the married name in all as you indicated on the marriage certificate about the change in LN.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much.
            I am going to Hyderabad tomorrow and will inquire about this in PP office.
            Once again thanks much for your time.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

My wife got a new passport with my lastname and submitted to Chennai Embassy via VFS on last tuesday. Till now she did not receive her passport.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post.
              VO checked an option which says, This case requires additional administrative processing.

I don't know why VO checked against additional administrative processing for H4 Visa.
              Please let me know if you have any idea how many days it could take.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
              amrs.

Comment

The additional processing thing is normal. be patient, she will get it.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X