Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two H1 petitions approved - any possible issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two H1 petitions approved - any possible issues?

I have got 2 H1 petitions approved. Both of the companies have sent the documents. Now i have booked the interview using I797 sent by the better company out of the two. The question is, is it illegal to have 2 petitions from 2 different companies? Few of my friends were surprised that i have got 2 approvals. Will there be any issues raised by the VO at the consulate? I have my interview next week at chennai consulate.

Thanks,
    Subhash

How much did you pay? Issue would be if these are not real jobs but consulting jobs that would require many supporting docs by the consulate to prove job exists for you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b for the quick response..

Frankly speaking... I didnt pay anything to anyone. I have 8+ years of exp. I just fwded my profile to friends, i got calls, attended interview and sent the signed docs. Thats it. Only when i informed this to few friends - they said i could have problems at the consulate.

The company with i have booked the H1 interview looks fine and few of my friends do work there and their stampings have been smooth. They have also sent extensive docs including my work profile, their employee list, tax returns,etc. Will that be enough or will there be any specific questions?

Subhash

Comment

Txh1,

If subhash takes the proper documentation for which ever employer he chooses out of two, so it wouldnt affect him right?

Also, if they ask(Do they ask such questions??? since its employee who can choose whom he can work for...), we can very well say, that this guy offered better work and benifits so I chose this.

-- Just my thought, let me know if its wrong.

Comment

VO does not care about other employers. One being presented is what matters.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Txh1b & sachih1 - Thanks for the clarification..

I have one more query with respect to my employment.
            I quit my regular job in May 2008 and started my own company which is into training. For these 5 months i dont have any payslips. Is it a must that I should show a current payslip? Does owning a business has any -ve impact on stamping process? Any specific questions i need to be prepared for?

Thanks,
            Subhash

Comment

same issue with me also

i have the same problem guys.when u r going for stanping.please share u r expirence once u done.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X