Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa Transfer Question...Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Transfer Question...Please help!!!

Hi,

I have applied for my wife's H4 visa transfer & have received the receipt number. But, now I want to change the employer & transfer my H1 visa. So my question is can I transfer my H1 visa while my wife's H4 extension still under process or do I have to wait till she gets extension approval (in this case I might opt for premium processing).

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Sandy

You can and if you are worried, have another extension filed for the H4 along with your transfer. H4 is not related to the employer though. If one H4 extension is approved or pending, you need not file again for an extension when you change employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Applying H4 for my spouse

Hi,

I'm planning to apply H4 for my spouse in Dec 2008, but my current H1 is valid until Feb 2009. Does this have any impact on H4 or should I extend my H1 first and then apply for H4? Please advise.

Thanks,

Originally posted by txh1b
      You can and if you are worried, have another extension filed for the H4 along with your transfer. H4 is not related to the employer though. If one H4 extension is approved or pending, you need not file again for an extension when you change employer.

Comment

You can apply for H1 and H4 extensions together.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b

Thanks for the reply.

Your answer leads me to another question. The address mentioned on the H4 extension receipt is of my current employers office address, this means when ever my wife's H4 approval will arrive it will come to my employers office. And since I will be leaving my current employer, how do I ensure that I get the approval notice at my address?

Comment

Originally posted by soli
            Thanks for the reply.

Your answer leads me to another question. The address mentioned on the H4 extension receipt is of my current employers office address, this means when ever my wife's H4 approval will arrive it will come to my employers office. And since I will be leaving my current employer, how do I ensure that I get the approval notice at my address?
            That is why have a new one filed as well. Your older employer may even choose to withdraw the petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X