Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H1B transfer - RFE - Rjection?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H1B transfer - RFE - Rjection?

    I have joined a company in Apr, and they filed for my H1 transfer in Apr. Recently they have received RFE and the attorney submitted the papers back to INS. Since it has been more than 4 months, I am wondering what would be my situtation if H1 is rejected.

    How long are H1 transfers taking now a days?

    Can I apply for a transfer to another company after H1B is rejected or since my case is pending should I apply for H1B for another company right now.

    I am requesting my existing company to expedite the case by turning to premium. The attorney is convincing me that we should wait. Is there any issue if we convert the case to premium after getting RFE?

    Prasad Tammana

  • #2
    Search for the word bridging and read the posts on the forum.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.


    • #3
      Thanks for giving the pointer. I have still few more questions, can you please clarify?

      In case H1B visa is rejected, the n I have to go back to my home country. Is it the only option? In that case can any othet company file for transfer at that time after my H1 is denied?

      2. Let say that I apply for premium processing through some other company, that gets approved, and I join them..then my pending H1 with my current company is rejected. Is my stay in US when I worked with my current company is considered as legal or illegal. i.e in One message it was mentioned that if bridge is denied then all other approvals are considered denied.

      any answers are really appreciated.