Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 Extension - Please help

Hi,

I have a valid visa stamp from my ex-employer till Dec'08.
    I got a new I797 from my current employer which is valid till Sept '09. On my recent trip to India, I returned the I94 attached with my new I797 at the port.

On my way back, I got a new I94 at the POE, but has a validity only till Dec'08.

How can I get my I94 extended ? Or do I have to go out of the country for a fresh stamping ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by manishobhatia
    On my way back, I got a new I94 at the POE, but has a validity only till Dec'08.
    You probably did not present the new approved I797 to the POE officer. You can either travel and re-enter with an existing valid visa to get the new I-94 till the date on I797 or have a new H1b extension filed while inside the US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks,

I am planning to travel again to india again in early '09 .... can I not extend my I94 till Sept '09 (till my I797) without leaving the country or file an extension for my I797 ?

appreciate your help

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        or have a new H1b extension filed while inside the US.
        Did I not tell you that can be done? H1b extension?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X