X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer, RFE, Denial and Options

Hello Gurus,

Appreciate if you can help me...

1. Was employed with employer A. H1B VISA and I-94 had expiry date as 30-Jun-2008
    2. Applied for H1B extension thru emplyer A. Approval notice was sent on 12-May-2008 to the employer A, thereby approving H1B extension from 25-Jun-2008 to 30-Mar-2010.
    3. Before I could get this approval notice in hand, I found another job thru employer B and applied for H1B transfer using the old H1B petition which had expiry date as 30-Jun-2008.
    4. H1B transfer petition received date - 29-May-2008 and receipt sent date is 4-Jun-2008.
    5. Resigned from employer A on 6-Jun-2008.
    6. Luckily received H1B extension paper from employer A on very last date - 6-Jun-2008.
    7. H1B transfer thru employer B - received RFE - 11-Aug-2008 and USCIS requested additional evidence by 25-Sep-2008.
    8. Chances of denial of H1B transfer are very high as USCIS requested additional evidence of company B financials, all W-2 forms for last year, B's latest tax return, contract with the end client, related itinerary, photos of interior and exterior.
    9. B has started working on RFE.
    What are my options if H1B transfer is denied?

1. Can I go back to employer A on valid petition approval with expiry date 30-Mar-2010?
    2. Can I switch to employer C using petition approval with expiry date 30-Jun-2008? Do I need to make this switch before denial or after denial?
    3. Can I switch to employer C using petition approval with expiry date 30-Mar-2010? Do I need to make this switch before denial or after denial?
    4. Will I be out-of-status the day USCIS sent denial notice? Am I supposed to go back to India within 24 hrs? Is there any official period I can stay in US after H1B transfer denial? Please note that I have valid H1B petition with expiry date 30-Mar-2010
    5. What if emploer B wants to appeal this denial? Can I continue to stay in US and work on the same assignment?

1, Yes
    2. Search for bridging on the forum and read the posts.
    3. No because you don't have pay stubs from A as you already resigned.
    4. Yes or you could go back to A and begin working.No grace period.
    5. You cannot work during appeal. If appeal is denied, you could be subject to 3-10 year ban based on number of days of overstay.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks very much for prompt response txh1b.

After denial, USCIS would send the snail mail to my lawyer. Before my lawyer receives it, can I file another H1B transfer thru employer C under premium processing? What would be the chances of success in this case? Please advise.

Comment

Please help!!!!

Comment

No chances for further approvals after a denial as you have lost your status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b. I will keep updating about what's happening.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X