Travel to India for 5 months on H1B - family emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India for 5 months on H1B - family emergency

My friend had a family emergency and had to leave to India while his 140 and 485 are pending. He might return after 5 months. He has H1B but, has to get it stamped before coming to the US.

He asked me for a favor, he wants to find out will there be any issues for his pending 140 and 485 bcoz of this travel? and is there any issue for his H1B stamping?

any help is highly appreciated, im new to the forum and not sure about the GC process.

thanks in advance
    Ram

H1 issues

My friend had a family emergency and had to leave to India while his 140 and 485 are pending. He might return after 5 months. He has H1B but, has to get it stamped before coming to the US.

He asked me for a favor, he wants to find out will there be any issues for his pending 140 and 485 bcoz of this travel? and is there any issue for his H1B stamping?

any help is highly appreciated, im new to the forum and not sure about the GC process.

---- Basically, there are no issues. If he has applied for I-485 yen he could have applied for Advance Parole.

---- Right now since he is in India, he can apply for a H1 Visa stamping interview (with an approved and valid H1 petition) get the Visa and only then come to US

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you Subramanya, will let him know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X