Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer I797B issued

Hi all,

I got I797B on H1 transfer as dint have paystubs.

It would be really helpful to me if you can clarify the below questions.

After going through few forums, I understand that the difference between I797A and I797B is having I94. If person has a valid VISA (as VISA is travel document and H1 is work permit), you have to cross the country border to get I94. When entering into country again, make sure you show the new H1 permit to Immigration officer at Port of Entry and get I 94 issued on the new H1 permit.

How far it is valid to cross the country to get I94 with out going for Visa stamping as I hold valid VISA till September 2010?

If the consulate officer at US Embassy rejects VISA for new H1 permit, does it mean that he cancelled the current valid VISA also?

If old VISA is still valid in above case, Can I work with new empolyer (with employers who holds my I797B) till the existing VISA is valid?

Thanks a lot in advance for your patience in answering the above questions.

Thanks,

Sam

You need to enter again with a I-94 for the employer you wish to work for. I did not understand the rest of your questions.

You can work for the employer that you have the I-94 for. CBP does not cancel H1b petitions but can refuse entry if they are picky as you have violated your previous status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks a lot for quick reply txh1b.

I hold valid H1 VISA till Set 2010 with Company A and Got it transfered to Company B and i received I797B with out I94.

So my question is as i hold valid visa and in order to Get new I94 can i cross country border and come back again, to get new I94 on new H1 with out going for stamping.

appreciate immidate reply.

Thanks,
      Sam

Comment

Visits to Canada/Mexico does not get you a new I-94.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 I797B- With out I94

hi,

i have visited Montreal (canada) this sunday and got new I94 issued till Sep 2011 against new H1 I797B approval.

Sam

Comment

Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

I797B issued -Should i go only to Home country

I recently applied for h1b extension march 2016 and got it approved last month. But i have received i797B with no i94, my employer tells me that i need to leave the country and go to my HOME COUNTRY only for stamping . Can i not go to mexico or canada ? any one who experienced similar issue kindly let me know at the earliest..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X