H4 adjustment to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 adjustment to work

My wife is with me on a H4 but she wants to work, please let me know whether there is any way to adjust her status or something so that she can work.

Thanks,
    Biju

Nothing can be done on aa a H4. She needs to change to H1 or evaluate L1 if she was working for a company before she came to US that has a branch here.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Some people may advise her to work for cash and not report income to IRS. Please note this is illegal and may cause problems for her in the future.

She may volunteer for organizations where the work being performed is done primarily for volunteers - religious groups, schools, charities. It is a good way to keep skills current and meet people. It also looks good on resumes when she looks for a job in order to apply for H1B next your.

She may also go to school. It need not be for a degree.

Comment

Thank you for your inputs; my apologies for the delay in acknowledging your responses.

I had some additional questions: -

1. C4US - you mentioned she can go to school, can she under go Montessori training and be certified? Just wanted to confirm that this does not fall under the degree category.

2. txh1b - In what ways can the status be changed from h4 to h1, please advice.

Thank you

Comment

What is your status? I believe H1, right? What did you follow to get on a H1b? Same stuff applies if she qualifies for a H1b. Finding an employer with a suitable job, applying for it by Apr 1st week, getting it approved etc.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X