Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have both L1B and H1 VISA

Can any of clear my doubt

I have got H1B visa from company A and got stamped.Later again same company applied for L1B and i got stamped.Currently am in US with L1B.In my passport my H1B VISA Is not cancelled.does this mean,my H1B Visa still valid?? If it is valid mean, can i work for other company B with H1B status??

H1 and L1

I have got H1B visa from company A and got stamped.Later again same company applied for L1B and i got stamped.Currently am in US with L1B.In my passport my H1B VISA Is not cancelled.does this mean,my H1B Visa still valid?? If it is valid mean, can i work for other company B with H1B status??

---- If you wish to work on H1B you have to apply for a COS from l1B to H1B. Wait for teh transfer to be completed before joining the H1B organization. In the meantime if you decide to continue to work with L1B then you have to wait for H1 transfer approval and again apply for transfer to L1

---- Multiple transfers back and forth will get you into unknown issues

Subramanya

Comment

L1 and H1 Visa

If you wish to work on H1B you have to apply for a COS from l1B to H1B. Wait for teh transfer to be completed before joining the H1B organization. In the meantime if you decide to continue to work with L1B then you have to wait for H1 transfer approval and again apply for transfer to L1

Thanks for ur reply subramanya.

After applying for COS,Can i still work with the company A untill my H1 Transfer approval??

How many days will it take for APPROVAL??

Comment

You have to wait till COS approval to work on H1b. As you have both visas valid, you can go outside US and enter on H1b status if your employer has a job for you and begin working on H1b status immediately.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X