Urgent... Please help. Visa stamping issue @ Cd. Juarez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent... Please help. Visa stamping issue @ Cd. Juarez

Today I had been to Cd. Juarez for my visa stamping and mine is H1B extenstion. They allowed all the people @ 2pm instead of appointment 8 am. Then they asked some questions about my employer and then asked me come back to consulate at 2 pm tomorrow by returning my passport even though I have all documents and I never been out of status. (and no 221(g) or other documetns issued) and they have striked out my current visa which is valid till 30th Sep 2008. It happened to couple of people who went to the same counter and she did not issue one single visa today.

My question is what this means? i.e Administrative processing or chance of getting 221(g) tomorrow.

If for some reason my visa is denied then can I travel back to U.S with my current visa?

If any one has same exp. please update me.

Probably PIMS verification or there have been instances when their printer was out of order as well or some other technical glitch. Keep the forum posted.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

The process is the same, you dont have to worry about cancelling your visa, they would put a seal called "Cancelled without Prejudice". You will get your new visa tomorrow.

This happened to everyone including me who had a valid visa, the new visa will be valid from tomorrow's date. you will be able to enter US without any issues.

Enjoy your stay and visit Maria Cheuchen restaurant in Cd.Juarez...

-E

Comment

H1B ext. stamping issue @ Cd. Juarez

I have got my 221(g) on my Masters in Computer Applications (India) certificate verification only. They took long interview and they checked all the documents and told that every thing is perfect and lastly they told that they would be going to check my M.C.A certificates and of course mine is H1B Extension even I have my education evaluation which was used for my first H1B stamping.

Comment

People without US degree always have to assume that risk for a third country stamping. At the least, they have not directed to the home country which might have been better if you have to stay very long in Mexico.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

There may be a problem even if you are 1 month out of status.

Hi Txh1b,

I'm observing your responses from over the period of time. You are advices are 100% legal. Some people are still not understanding. I know 2 people are deported to Home country for reason of they were out of status for 4 months in 2005 (Pay roll did not run), even they have valid visa & I-94 and more over Visa officer got the Earning report from SSN office instantly for all people as she did not believe W-2's. They don't have Mexican permit also. How many people think about this scenario mght happen?

SO BE SAFER SIDE ENTER WITH VALID PERMIT EVEN YOU ARE 100% LEGAL AND FIRST YOU SHOULD KNOW THE POWERS OF OFFICER AS THEY CAN DO ANY THING EVEN YOU ARE PERFECT AS THERE MAY BE THEY HAVE SOME CRITERIA.

Comment

Dear Txh1b,

I could able to reenter into U.S and continue my work today. Thanks for your response.

Originally posted by txh1b
              People without US degree always have to assume that risk for a third country stamping. At the least, they have not directed to the home country which might have been better if you have to stay very long in Mexico.

Comment

Wonderful. You are very lucky!

Comment

Did you see my post stressing the importance of Temporary permit? I'm not sure how many people will understand this?

One more thing, Do you have any rough idea on how much time it will take to verify Masters degree from India ( I have got only this verification)?

Wonderful. You are very lucky!

Comment

Your post proves the importances of getting stamping in home country with non-US degrees.

There is no way to predict the time required to verify your papers.

Comment

Originally posted by cnu1205
                      Did you see my post stressing the importance of Temporary permit? I'm not sure how many people will understand this?
                      I choose to disagree. The temporary permit is a joke and a means for the agents to make money. It is NOT a legal document for a Indian citizen to visit Mexico by any means. It is as good as one going without it when it comes to the legality of it.

If one wants to do it right, get a visa not a piece of paper that is called permit used by agents to collect $$$.

Comment

Update: Mexican Visa regarding

I posted my visa interview experience once I just after return from Cd. Juarez and so I was not 100% clear on Mexican visa at that time. Now I got the clarity as one of my friends faced a problem and went back to India. Let me expalin you in a detailed manner.

1. Actually there are security officers watching the people @ Mexican boarder but they simply watch the people and they don't check for Mexican visa. Hence don't worry about Mexican visa / permit at all.

2. If in worst scenario, Visa officer asked us to go back to home country then we need to go to Mexican embassy to get temp permit (6 days) and we can travel back to home country with that permit legally. They will not ask any more questions like how you entered into Mexico with out visa while applying for a permit.

Hope this helps you.

I choose to disagree. The temporary permit is a joke and a means for the agents to make money. It is NOT a legal document for a Indian citizen to visit Mexico by any means. It is as good as one going without it when it comes to the legality of it.

If one wants to do it right, get a visa not a piece of paper that is called permit used by agents to collect $$$.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X