Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Transferred, Going to India, Do i need restamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transferred, Going to India, Do i need restamping?

Hello,

My original H1B Visa from Co. A is valid till Oct.2009 however I got it transferred to Co.B earlier this year. During transfer,they filed an extension too and now my H1B and my wife's H4 is valid till Mar. 2011.

I am going to India next month and understand from some acquaintances that since my original H1B is valid till Oct.'09, I need not go for restamping. I shall require restamping only when I leave US after Oct.2009.
    Is this correct?

Can there be any issues whatsoever during immigration when me and my wife return to US from India in Jan.09?

Appreciate your help, thanks in advance !

H1 and travel

My original H1B Visa from Co. A is valid till Oct.2009 however I got it transferred to Co.B earlier this year. During transfer,they filed an extension too and now my H1B and my wife's H4 is valid till Mar. 2011.

I am going to India next month and understand from some acquaintances that since my original H1B is valid till Oct.'09, I need not go for restamping. I shall require restamping only when I leave US after Oct.2009.
    Is this correct?

Can there be any issues whatsoever during immigration when me and my wife return to US from India in Jan.09?

---- There is no need to go for a new Visa interview. You can return on the old Visa that is valid till Oct. 2009. At the POE show your new I-797 (for H1 and H4 and you will get a I-94 till the validity of these petitions). Otherewise there are no issues

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X