Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-1 terminated by school, still waiting for H-1b decision--------very urgent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 terminated by school, still waiting for H-1b decision--------very urgent.

I have applied for H-1b for fiscal year 2009. I got selected in lottery but still waiting for decision. My case is master quota/normal processing.

I was on OPT from March 2007 to March 2008 and to maintain legal stay in USA i have joined school in March 2008 . Since i couldn't maintain my Grade, my advisor suggest me to transfer to different school befor sep 22nd otherwise they will terminate my F-1.

Now if i enroll in differnt school then will that affect my H-1 application?

should i change my h-1 case to premium so that i can get decision before my F-1 get terminated and go out of county for few days?

I have applied H-1b with COS and i did send I-20 from my current school.

what are my options? please advice....

Your COS will be a problem if you lose your F1 status before the H1b gets approved. You could try the premium route, but it may be too late.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply.

But can i enroll in a school to maintain my status?

Comment

Yes, what is stopping you? Your new school should initiate the sevis transfer before you lose F1 status. Otherwise, it is not possible.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X