Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to US for a couple of days while H4 pending 221(g) review

Hello, Everybody,

Hope somebody can shed some light on this. Thanks a lot.

I am currently residing in Canada and my wife is working in the US with an H1B. I have a valid B1/B2 visa and traveling to the US to visit my wife for a short time once in a while. I recently decided to join my wife in the US. So two weeks ago I went to the Toronto consulate to apply for an H4. The officer gave me a 221(g) notice saying they have to go through an administrative process, asking me to provide further information (CV, list of publications, current work/research -- I got a ph.d in computer science).

Here are my questions:

While my H4 is pending, can I still use my currently valid B1/B2 visa to travel to the US for short visits?

Will this in any way affect the H4 application?

Or will the US officers at the border have questions about current H4 application?

Any information would be appreciated.

NNZZ

Yes, you can travel if the visa is valid. No impact on pending H4 or any further questioning at the border.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot, txh1b.

Originally posted by txh1b
      Yes, you can travel if the visa is valid. No impact on pending H4 or any further questioning at the border.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X