Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: L1 to New H1 - Case Pending approval : Pls Help

Hi,
    We are stuck in a situation here. PLS HELP!!!
    My wife is currently in US on L1B visa with company X. My employers (company Y) filed her H1B this year. When they filed her H1 she was abroad so they filed a new H1B. Since then she has travelled to US on L1 visa.

Her H1b case got selected in this years lottery and we got receipt number. But her status is still "Case received and approval pending".

I read through lot of posts in this forum and have understood that the approval can happen even after Oct.

1. So what would happen after Oct 1st? Is she allowed to continue work on L1B after Oct 1st? If yes then till when?

2. She wants to join company Y only in Jan/Feb of 09. Do we have to do leap frog in Sep/Oct for her to continue on L1 even after her H1 gets approved?

3. What options do we have to transfer her H1 to another employer while being in US and not joining them at all?

4. Once her H1 gets approved do we have to file for COS or she has to travel outside country for stamping?

5. We are thinking about travelling to UK for a week in Sep. So she will be coming back in US around end of Sep on her L1 visa. Do u forsee any problem with that?
    If we have to do leap frog we will probably come back in Oct.

Any response is greatly appreciated. Counting on you txh1b and other advisors to bail us out.

Cheers
    Biloo

No one

Comoe on guys some response pls!

Comment

Was the H1 applied with COS ?

Comment

No I don't think so. She was abroad when her H1 was filed in US. She travelled to US on Apr 29th on L1B visa and has been in US since then.

Cheers
        Biloo

Comment

All of your questions have been discussed ad nauseam. Check the forum archives.

Comment

Well I did go through lots & lots of posts in the forum but didn't find anything matching my problem. Would appreciate if you can send me link to some old post with same problem or give some answers here.

Cheers
            Biloo

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X