Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension stamping after staying 4 months in india

Hi,
    My present H1B visa(1st) is expiring on Feb 10,2009. so i filed for extension and got approved. so now Iam planning to go to india in the 3rd week of sept.2008, and iam planning to get married in early jan 2009 and will go to visa stamp for my wife's H4 and my H1b extension stamping in mid Jan,2009. I can have paystubs upto Oct,2008.
    So my question is:
    1. Is there is any problem in getting my h1b extension & my wife's H4 visa stamp in Jan 2009, as i will be in india for around 4 months.(since late sep2008 to mid jan 2009)- I mean will the visa officer ask me why iam staying here for so long.
    2. Is is ok to have paystubs upto Oct,2008 as any way i will be in india(from sep2008 to jan,2009).

If any one went through this kind of situation could you please let me know.

Thanks,
    M Aamir

1. Possible that question can arise. Do you have a long vacation approved by your employer? If so carry it. If you work for a small consulting company, you may have more problems gettting the visa stamped.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

[Urgent.....] H!B Long Staying in India 9 months

Hi
      I am vinod,I got my H1 Approved in Nov 2006.I travelled to USA and i stayed there till Dec 2007, after that my health got detoriated so i travelled back to India and stayed there for 9 months in india and gone through treatment .Now i have my H1-b visa till
      Sep-2009 so i like to travel back to USA,My Question is after staying so long in India whether Immegration Officer will restrict my entry to USA?

Can any one please answer my Question?
      Awaiting for reply

Originally posted by maamir
      Hi,
      My present H1B visa(1st) is expiring on Feb 10,2009. so i filed for extension and got approved. so now Iam planning to go to india in the 3rd week of sept.2008, and iam planning to get married in early jan 2009 and will go to visa stamp for my wife's H4 and my H1b extension stamping in mid Jan,2009. I can have paystubs upto Oct,2008.
      So my question is:
      1. Is there is any problem in getting my h1b extension & my wife's H4 visa stamp in Jan 2009, as i will be in india for around 4 months.(since late sep2008 to mid jan 2009)- I mean will the visa officer ask me why iam staying here for so long.
      2. Is is ok to have paystubs upto Oct,2008 as any way i will be in india(from sep2008 to jan,2009).

If any one went through this kind of situation could you please let me know.

Thanks,
      M Aamir

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X