• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Stamping Help

Folks,

I am looking for your expert advice.

Here is my case:-

I am working as Software Engineer. I have currently 4.5 years of total IT experience. I was in US for around 2 years and i came back on June from USA. I got the job before i came to India and i applied for visa transfer before i came to India.

I got the approval notice last month. Now i have to go for visa stamping.

Here is my question:-
    1. I have resigned from my current employer and serving notice period. Can i still go for visa stamping for new employer? OR Do i need to wait until i get released from here and then go for visa stamping?

2. My current employer is a Gaint Indian IT company and my new employer is a very small consulting firm working for same client. Is it going to be a problem during the visa stamping?

I am yet to take the appointment with US counsulate. I am confused should i do it now or i should wait till i get released from my current employer?

Thanks,
    Rajat

1. Your current job has got nothing to do with the H1b. You can go now for the visa.

2. As long as the company is genuine and a job exists, you may not have a problem. Be prepared to answer question as to why you want a smaller company for your career. You can say things like more visibility, better prospects blah blah.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X