Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to join job from 1st Oct

Hi,
    My employer has informed me that my petition for H1B has been approved and my job start date is 1st Oct, 2008. However, I havent yet recieved my approval documents from my employer. On verbal communication with the employer, I was informed that they would send the documents by mid September. My question is, is it OK if I dont join the job from 1st Oct itself, just in case I am unable to complete visa formalities by 1st Oct? Will the delay in joining cause any problems furthur.

Kindly reply.Thanks in advance.

Are you currently in the US? Was the H1b approval a COS? If not, no issues if you delay the start date with employer agreement.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B n my case is not COS as I havent entered US yet.

Thanks for thr response

Comment

Originally posted by jain
        H1B n my case is not COS as I havent entered US yet.

Thanks for thr response
        Then No problem , talk to your Employer when they write Visa Request Letter to consulate in that mentioned your Start date. As per rules H1B starts from 1-oct-2008, your time starts from that date, nothing matter if you join late like in december or january, & you are outside USA then no problem for COS. ok.. be sure that talk to your employer write start date as your suitable date in Visa Request letter to Consulate. ok. Best luck for stamping

Comment

You will need proof of current job offer if you delay joining.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X