Joining new company before leaving previous company while on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining new company before leaving previous company while on H1B

I was working with Company A and have a approved H1B with them. I got an offer from Company B, which I accepted and got my H1B transferred to then. Since I was on bench with Company A, I have joined Company B today by completing their joining formalities, but haven't informed Company A about it. I didnt resign from Company A earlier, since I was not sure whether to join Company B or not. My joining on client location for Company B is in a week's time. I am planning to resign from Company A today itself and would ask them to release me from immediate effect (since i'm not working on any project)

1. Since there will be a day of overlap between my employment with Company A and B, will this be a legal issue ?

2. If there is a problem with this, I am planning to revoke my joining with Company B, and resume working for Company A (since I haven't resigned with Company A and am with Company B for just one day). Will this be a legal thing to do ?

3. If Company A doesn't release me immediately, can I continue this overlap between A and B for a few days ? I will be only working on one project since A doesnt have a project for me.

As long as you are not getting paid from both the places for the same time period, you will be fine.

Employment is at will and you can resign effective immediately!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X