What to do if H1-B gets rejected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do if H1-B gets rejected?

I am on OPT right now and while my company has agreed to apply for a H1-B visa for me, they have not agreed to register with E-verify. I have a STEM degree but the E-verify process allows too much inquiry in to the company. Should my H1-B application get rejected, how else can I continue to work for this company? Is it possible to just enrol for a masters program and get a new I-20 and OPT? Are there any other options to beat the system?

"the E-verify process allows too much inquiry in to the company" makes no sense. The E-verify program allows companies to verify that a potential employee is legally entitled to work in the US.

Your employer sounds dishonest if this is what he told you; I suspect - and hope - you misunderstood.

Comment

E-verify forces the employer to register every single employee's social security number. I work for a construction firm and there probably are a couple of illegals in the company which they probably do not want to expose.

Comment

What does E-verify have to do with H1b approval? If you are talking about OPT extension, it makes sense. H1b getting denied due to E-verify is unheard of.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Many H1B employers will e-verify but it is not yet required by law.

Comment

E-verify has nothing to do with H1-B application. I was just saying that I do not have the option to do the STEM extension at this point because my employer does not want to for whatever reason. So considering this situation, should my H1-B get rejected, is there another way to stay and work legally.

Comment

No.

A student visa was never a guarantee for a job in the US. You will need to take you education and experience and return to your home country. There are not - and if US workers have their say - there never will be enough visas for every one who wants to enter, stay, and work in the US.

You took a chance and lost.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X