L1-H1b Cos - not going for leapfrog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-H1b Cos - not going for leapfrog

L1 to H1 b Cos approved. want to continue with L1 for some more time. for health reasons I cannot go for leapfrog. My H1 empolyer suggested that he is going to cancel my H1 I94 status and change the petition to be with out COS. He said I have to go to other country to get my stamping if i have to join him on H1. and I can work on L1 until my L1 I94 is valid. Is this possible? has anyone done this before. what is the risk?

You will fall out of status and become illegal but your status will not revert back to the previously held status (L1) under any circumstances if the H1b is canceled. The employer isn't a lawyer, right? It is your status that you are risking and you cannot continue on L1 past Oct 1st.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks, TxH1B.
      Does this mean to save L1B visa, Leap frog is inevitable for this person ?

Comment

Originally posted by happy90
        Thanks, TxH1B.
        Does this mean to save L1B visa, Leap frog is inevitable for this person ?
        AFAIK.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

What is "AFAIK" ? Sorry for not understanding it

Comment

Must be "As Far As I Know"
            I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X