L1B to H1B in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B in USA

I came to USA in 2008 on L1B status through company X. Company Y applied for my H1 in 2007 quota and picked my name in lottery. What are the risks to apply for COS in USA from L1B to H1B through company Y.

Q1: If I want to go for H1B option through Company Y, What is the processing time for COS. Any thoughts on effective date. Will it be any gap after receiving the COS papers with new I-94 to effective start date of COS.

Q2: If I get an offer from Company Z, can I ask Company Z to appy for my COS from L1B to H1B directly without joining the company Y.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

1. Since it is 2007 quota, L1 gets voided as soon as H1b COS gets approved and not from Oct 1st like I said earlier. No GAP. It will be immediate upon COS approval.

2. Can be done directly to Z with proof of your H1b approval from the past.

Is this for you or your friend? The last time it was for your friend.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Its for my friend only.

Sorry I copied these questions from his e-mail and pasted into this forum thread.

What about your advice on H1 Visa Stamping. Is it must to go for it.

On approval of COS to H1 for Company Z (directly from Company X L1 to Company Z H1B) can he work without going for Visa stamping?

When and where it is good to go for H1 visa stamping in Mexico/Canada or India (after 1-2 years time).

And other question is, can he continue work on L1b for company X till next August'09 and go for fresh H1b quota in Year 2009 either through Company Y or Company Z. Because by that time 2 years time was over on year 2007 approved H1 without much use. What do you suggest?

Comment

Why does he need a new quota? He can still use the approved one for up to 6 years by means of a transfer. No stamping is needed if the COS is approved and an attached I-94 comes with the approval. Mex/Can/India is personal choice and if he doesn't have a US degree, home country is the best.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1A/L1B to H1B

I was in L1B with company A and my L1B Visa got expired on April 2008 and was staying in US as my L1B extension process was going on.I had applied for H1B with Company B as COS from my L1B and it got approved on May 30th 2008.June 30th Company A withdrew my L1B extension and asked me to get a Blanket L1A.I went back to India on June 30th and came back on July 31st with L1A and new I-94.I want to stay on my L1A status for 3 to 4 more months after October.On October 1st 2008 wil my COS be Valid? Will my status change to H1? Is leap Frog the ONly option in my case too.

Thanks Pls reply

Comment

I don't think you need to do the leap frog as your L1 COS to H1b may not have been approved with the I-94 due to your status expiring.

Best bet, go to the local USCIS office with your current I-94. They can check if your status is changing to H1b from Oct 1st. If they say so, then you need leapfrog.

Comment

L1B to H1B in USA

Will H1B employer can apply for a COS from L1B to H1B in a premium processing? How long it may take to get a receipt number in this PP.
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X