Help!!! First time H1 interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! First time H1 interview

I was in US on H4 visa and while there I applied for H1 through a consultant. I returned to India and I got through lottery. My H4 stamping was from Chennai consulate. The consultant was telling me that my approval notice has my consulate mentioned as 'Chennai', so I will have to go through Chennai Consulate. My concern is that I was working in Maharashtra before and after my return. Is it OK if I select my state of residence as Tamil Nadu to book an appointment in the Chennai Consulate?

Also, what is the general impression of H1 stamping this year?

I have same situation, waiting for answer.

Comment

sjo,
      If you can proove to VO that you have lived more than 6 months in Maharashtra, then you can attend the interview at Mumbai Consulate; Otherwise, you have to attend in Chennai consulate. I presume that you belong to southern state.(Your place of origin)

Comment

Can any senior member confirms this answer?

Comment

Am I not a senior member?

Comment

H1B VISA Querry....!!!

HI all,

I Have got through the lottry and got the H1B VISA notice approved. But, i have a small querry. I have applied for H1b using my passport issued from Ahmedabad. But, as there as mistake in the BDate, got the corrrected passport issued from bangalore recently. Now, to schedule an appointment which US consulate shall i choose. AS per the H1b Notice it is showing mumbai. so, should it be mumbai or chennai?

Please revert ASAP...Need your advise ASAP.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ramabalaji

I know you are senior and I appreciate your time to answer thread. BUT
              I browsed other forums for the same problem and I think your answer is wrong. Go here to see similar post.

if consulate will redirect me from Mumbai to Chennai, then it will be lost of time and money.

So, Please do not misguide people without any knowledge of that issue.

Comment

Hi ramabalaji

I know you are senior and I appreciate your time to answer thread. BUT
                I browsed other forums for the same problem and I think your answer is wrong. Go here to see similar post.

if consulate will redirect me from Mumbai to Chennai, then it will be lost of time and money.

So, Please do not misguide people without any knowledge of that issue.

Comment

If you have established residency as mentioned in the requirements on the VFS site, you could attend the interview in the consulate that has jurisdiction there.

People try to avoid some consulates deliberately and VOs are aware of it and hence they re-direct people that do so.

Senior or not, everybody has a say on the forum. Use your discretion if you want to go by it or research/consult an attorney. VFS has FAQs that you could look at or email/call them.

At the end, if the VO feels otherwise, he/she could still re-direct you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

nyh1b,
                    I never try to misguide any body especially if some body is in dire need of an information which is a life and death scenerio. I post a reply only after thinking 10 times and making sure that my information is correct. If I do not know an answer, then I kep quite.
                    My posting is based on last year h1b visa interviews. This subject was discussed many times in an another web site and most of them suggested what I have suggested in this forum. You can pm me for more informations as I can not name the web site here.
                    Good Luck
                    Last edited by ramabalaji; 09-15-2008, 11:25 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X